Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lots of Distraction!

After rushing to finish holiday knitting, knitters often have a difficult time getting back into the swing of things in the new year. I think all of us at WLKA-headquarters have been off of our game recently, so we'd like to apologize to our stashes for all of the neglect.

Personally, I've had a major lack of inspiration. I received the amazing book Coastal Knits for Christmas, and so many of the patterns have made my needles itch. However, I realized that my stash contains large quantities of fingering weight yarn -- perfect for the Rustling Leaves Beret, but not so perfect for the sweaters and other beautiful items I want to knit. That means I've had to do some stash acquiring. I'm sure you pity me, right?

Of course, the brand new Whimsical Little Knits 3 has now debuted, and I'm more inspired than ever! I'm often really picky about my patterns, but I want to knit the whole book (except for Roisin and maybe Oxidize). But like I said before, I have very little stash on-hand that isn't fingering weight, so it looks like I'm going to be cruising the yarn stores for even more yarn. What a terrible problem to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment