Monday, July 4, 2011

Another Finished Ripley!

Jess here, and I'm happy to say that I breezed through Ripley. It's no surprise: the worsted weight yarn and larger needles really make this project fly by. While I was knitting, I noticed that my hat looked a bit small, despite the fact that I went up a needle size. Like Kendra, I rarely check my gauge when knitting hats (although we really should!), so I didn't worry too much about it. When I finished, I ended up with a very tight cap -- not exactly the slouchy hat I had desired. I solved this with some wet blocking, and now I have a hat that I love!
Jess's Ripley
Pardon the silly look on my face. I have a hard time taking self-portraits seriously. I really love the way my Malabrigo Merino Worsted worked up. The kettle dyed semisolid added a rich depth of color, and the super soft merino really bloomed after blocking. This is definitely going to be one of my go-to hats in the fall! Best of all, I have enough yarn leftover to make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment